Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Election Day



Today’s the day. The culmination of everything we've endured the last year and a half. 

I tend to be reflective on days like these. I think. I reminisce. I pray. I hope. I remember being young and always being interested in the political process. I always looked forward to being old enough to vote. I look forward to participating in the process every year. 

These moments stir something in me. It’s significant. What we do today matters. 

I can’t say why voting matters so deeply to me. Maybe because it evokes the pride I have in being an American. People have started saying recently that this country was never great. How sad. This country has been great. It IS great. It will be great in the future. This country was a beacon of hope in the world. People came here for freedom. People came here because anything was possible. There was hope in America. Yes, I understand the issues. I know we’re not perfect. I know we’ve made terrible choices. But don’t tell me this country isn’t great. 

Don’t waste your vote today. Don’t fall prey to the idea that no vote is better than voting for someone you don’t agree with. Pray. Then go out there and vote biblically. It’s the very best we can do. 

Vote because you’re a citizen of this nation. Vote because it’s your responsibility to participate in this process. Vote because people have died defending your right to. Vote because your voice matters. Vote because you have the freedom to do so. Vote because you can make a difference. Vote because it’s a honor to make your voice heard. Just VOTE. 


And lastly. Don’t be ugly today. Tomorrow we’ll all wake up and there will be a new president for our nation. And we all still have to live with one another. 

So no matter who you vote for, remember we’re still in this together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment