Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Open Hands

I'm realizing that God is stripping things away from me. All claim to being important. It's not that I thought I was important, but subconsciously it was something I valued. The things that I attached that importance to, people, position and place. Those things that I somewhere in my mind thought I needed to cling to in order to hold on to that importance...all of it is being stripped away.

Maybe because I've realized that I was afraid if I didn't have those things, God would forget about me. Its not that I care so much about being important. But I want to be important to God. It's so silly, I know. In some regard I didn't even know I thought that. Until I've spent months praying and trying to understand this season of shift and transition. Quite honestly, these revelations are embarrassing for me.  I'm a person who thrives on answers. I analyze everything because I want to know and understand it all. To make it all make sense. I like to think I have no weaknesses, no limitations. How laughable that sounds now.

God is stripping things away from me. Not to take things away so that I have less. But so that I can have more. Ultimately my importance doesn't matter. It's not attached to a person, or a place or a position. It will always hinge on Jesus.
He's calling me to walk in greater faith. Greater obedience, greater trust. To walk only by faith, and not what I see. Most of life shouldn't be based on what I see. If it was, life would seem rather bleak.

It's time to be ok with the change. To remember that I hold everything with open hands. Nothing is mine. Everything is His.

1 comment:

  1. Easy to talk about much harder to do. I think many of us are in this transitional place but as we hold things with that open hand God will reveal to us what is next in His time and in His way. I pray that we would be found faithful. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Rosie. <3

    ReplyDelete